X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Feb 2021

Killmayer, Wilhelm

I can't get over how wonderful Killmayer's Eichendorf songs are - a recording with Markus Schaefer and Siegfried Mauser on Wergo.
  • smittims
    • Aug 2022

I must try to hear those. I'm finding Spotify a better way to find little known composers than the politically-correct choice on Radio 3 : Ernst Toch's symphonies, for instance, all of them written after his emigration to the USA.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      I must try to hear those. I'm finding Spotify a better way to find little known composers than the politically-correct choice on Radio 3 : Ernst Toch's symphonies, for instance, all of them written after his emigration to the USA.
      Not to be found on Tik-Toch then!

Comment

• Mandryka
        • Feb 2021

Je sais que ça va arriver comme un cheveux sur la soupe, mais j'écoute jamais Radio 3.

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
          ... j'écoute jamais Radio 3.
          ... ça arrive.

Non sei solo...

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Some " free at the point of use" Killmayer.

I could do with another listen.

there is some more music of his on episode 61 of the AGP.

I don't think the AGP is politically correct, but who knows ? Maybe we should ask BBC verify to check, being the arbiters of truth.
            Last edited by teamsaint; 10-06-24, 16:28.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Mandryka
              • Feb 2021

This has caught my attention today, a piano trio from 1976 - Brahms-Bildnis. (Not heard that youtube, there's one with Siegfried Mauser on Spotify.)

This concert was intended to mark the 90th birthday of German composer Wilhelm Killmayer. It was with great sadness that we heard the news that he had passed...

Comment

Working...
              X