Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oliver sudden
    • Feb 2024

Harry Partch presents a similar situation in some respects. If anyone tells you a composer comes from nowhere and breaks completely with the (recent) past, get out the salt.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      Quite so. I don't want to be picky, and I realise that with limited time points have to be made quickly, but I did feel Kate caricatured Horatio Parker unfairly, and I detected a trace of that old-fashioned view of Ives as a happy-go-lucky iconoclastic hillbilly, where in fact he had a phenomenally acute ear and knew exactly what he was doing.
      That's true of a lot of broadcasts these days. On the other hand, there were complaints when the whole of the BBC1 6.00 p.m. news was devoted to the Middle East the other day, and I'm sure the appointment of the new England soccer manager will also be covered in depth (and ad nauseam).

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

That's true of a lot of broadcasts these days. On the other hand, there were complaints when the whole of the BBC1 6.00 p.m. news was devoted to the Middle East the other day, and I'm sure the appointment of the new England soccer manager will also be covered in depth (and ad nauseam).
        If a better analogy could be found, I might have to agree!

Comment

Working...
        X