X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeMartinPecheur
    • Apr 2007

In Tune highlights

Remarkable what you hear on In Tune...if you get lucky!

Driving home I enjoyed quite a bit of tonight's programme, in a toe-curling, where's-the-off-switch kind of way. Thought we might have a thread for the bits that really thrill us...or otherwise.

Particular gems tonight:
    1) A certain presenter (let's call him ACP1 so as not to be too personal, pace ff) was interviewing Roberto Alagna. He launched off by saying how Roberto's voice had filled out, darkened or whatever. (He probably began it with his far-too-standard tag, "Of course, you..." which of course makes disagreeing pretty damn tough.)
    Roberto wasn't having any of this at all, obviously very, very unhappy with any suggestion that he might no longer be up to his youthful-romantic-lead tenor roles Pretty rapid switch thereafter to a nice, safe, 'pink and fluffy' discussion of imminent arrival of an Alagna baby daughter...
    2) Not many minutes later ACP1 is interviewing Jeremy Summerly about the popularity of Christmas carols: Why is this?? Summerly says it's simply because we all learn them as young children. ACP1: "So it's in the genes then."
    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!
Working...
X