X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

ARTE TV. French /German Arts Channel

Gurney mentioned this channel in a rather hi tech thread elsewhere, so I though i would have a look.
    There seems to be some rather interesting arts and music content, to which one can "listen again". Its not clear to me whether there is a live stream of this, although i think perhaps not. I've only had a look at the French version, on which the listen again function seems to work very well.
    Plenty of interesting music here to investigate.

Anybody else familiar with this?

Better than the news in HD, at any rate !!

Apologies if you are all tuned in already .
    Last edited by teamsaint; 10-12-13, 09:33.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.
  • Roehre

An excellent channel, nearly the only one I watch with BBC 4 and Arts 2

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

A lot of early music concerts and Baroque operas, both staged and concert performance, on youtube I watch have ARTE logo in the corner. And of course, you can watch online legitimately, too. It makes you cry with envy. If only we had anything like this here with English subtitles (more to the point, English webpages)…. but then, maybe not, as I'll be glue to it and nothing else gets done.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

I don't think you can view the station via t'internet, sadly. And also I suspect the station is suffering from some serious budget cuts. It doesn't seem the same place as it was a few years ago. It's watched here in N. Staffs via the Astra & Hotbird satellites, when time permits !

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

It is an absolutely brilliant channel, a joint Franco-German venture and has been so since the early 1990s. Always something interesting to watch, wonderful arts coverage, documentaries and classic films. It must cost a fortune, but happily both France and Germany put no price on culture.

Comment

• ardcarp
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Slightly off-topic, but Listen Again doesn't seem to work abroad. Why is this? If it's on the net, surely it should be available everywhere? I'm spending Christmas in Norway and on previous visits discovered that the BBC i-player doesn't work over there.

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
              An excellent channel, nearly the only one I watch with BBC 4 and Arts 2
              Interesting - so, in simple words for a simple brain - how do you get it?
              Would it be available on a Sky dish - I've read in the book that additional channels can be tuned in to.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
                Interesting - so, in simple words for a simple brain - how do you get it?
                Would it be available on a Sky dish - I've read in the book that additional channels can be tuned in to.
                Gurney's #39 is a start point, Vods.

Till you get a rig, there seems to be plenty to get your teeth into on the website.
                Certainly plenty for opera enthusiasts, I would say,
                Last edited by teamsaint; 10-12-13, 18:49.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Sydney Grew
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Only five months ago . . . thought it was longer. The B Minor Mass from Leipsic on the Arte. Wholly authentic, mostly male, and in colour. The musical experience of a life-time. Thank you Bach!

Members are in luck if they missed it until now, because . . . it appears to be still there:

Comment

Working...
                  X