X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Pedal Pianos

I was amused that the player here had abandoned a knee length skirt. Really!
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

I saw this too.
    The reason I prefer playing the piano rather than the organ is that the former does not (normally) have those ****** pedals.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

There used to be a gadget (called the Malkin pedal attachment, I think) which you could fit to any old upright piano for organ practice purposes. They used to be quite common in the days before relatively cheap electronic organs were available for home practice. The 'two grand' system seems a rather expensive and bizarre way of going about it!

Comment

• Mattbod

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        I saw this too.
        The reason I prefer playing the piano rather than the organ is that the former does not (normally) have those ****** pedals.
        Ahh but there lies the joy and the sense of mastery in playing the organ and who can resist a 32ft pedal reed added to full organ! (Westminster Cathedral especially). Seriously though I have never seen a pedal piano before (though I have seen pedal harpsichords). I heard that long ago the Organ Scholar at King's College Cambridge had a pedal piano in his rooms as he was not allowed to practice on the organ...

Comment

Working...
        X