X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank
    That same site has this news story today http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...e-8861360.html

Can anyone locate the story elsewhere, please? I'd be grateful :-)
    It's on the BBC's own news website page:

Funding for television arts programmes will go up by a fifth, the BBC's director general is to announce.

I commented on it down on the Ideas and Theory board.

Edit: Whoops, where did that message go? A forum mirage?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Thanks - I just deleted mine because I spotted it was in the Independent, although I found the link on the same website as the film list. Will follow up.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Just found a website which lists Radio 3 and its top songs playlist:
        Again, that misuse of the word "song". (No, I don't mean you, ff. )

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

I note that on today's Sound of Cinema, that Malcolm Arnold has become the composer of the Colonel Bogey March.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Anyone watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling as the Getaway on BBC2 last night? Gorgeous match of sound and image on that - a Cliff Martinez score emulating the smooth pulsing glide of 80s synth pop complete with breathy ethereal girlgroup vocals. Had to look away a bit when the violence started though...

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              Anyone watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling as the Getaway on BBC2 last night? Gorgeous match of sound and image on that - a Cliff Martinez score emulating the smooth pulsing glide of 80s synth pop complete with breathy ethereal girlgroup vocals. Had to look away a bit when the violence started though...
              jlw: I watched it with you and enjoyment, but as usual with me and film scores, the music rather passed me by

Perhaps I was looking too hard at the violence?
              I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                jlw: I watched it with you and enjoyment, but as usual with me and film scores, the music rather passed me by

Perhaps I was looking too hard at the violence?
                Get thee to a string quartet, to a Rothko, go!

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  I note that on today's Sound of Cinema, that Malcolm Arnold has become the composer of the Colonel Bogey March.
                  Oh, dear. And already twitted for calling the film The Bridge Over the River Kwaï (which I note on checking was the English translation of the French novel title, but not the film's title).
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Oh, dear. And already twitted for calling the film The Bridge Over the River Kwaï (which I note on checking was the English translation of the French novel title, but not the film's title).
                    Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Lack of knowledge, reading from scripts, not caring, downright sloppy, I bet most of us here have more knowledge than those who put together some programme notes. On a plus point, on my trip North I was in MediaCity, new home of the BBC- Salford Quays, it's quite snazzy and you can buy an apartment there for £109,000 or rent for £550 a month, if you wanted to.
                    Just thought I'd throw that in. The War Museum is really good though.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

Bloody film music ....!!!!
                      bong ching

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

I winder whether Kenneth Alford's estate will be suing the BBC. (If so, they'd better get a move on - the composer died in 1945, so 69 out of the 70 years of copyright have passed by.

Comment

Working...
                        X