• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
    Messages 56 to 72.

If you do not wish to post on the subject of this forum, you are quite free to post elsewhere.

I find this behaviour most offensive and childish. (I'm surprised that you should join in, Caliban - I thought the hosts were supposed to keep an eye on these things)

No wonder I feel inclined to quit this forum altogether. I post on these boards to offer my views in good faith. Not to take the mickey out of others.

Hornspieler
    For my part, I do think there is room for keeping the tone light, though. I don't regard 'jollying people along' as inconsistent with 'the Hostly duty'. Nor can one excise minor 'deviations' or comedy side-shows from threads, in my view, within reason. I wouldn't be here if it was otherwise. That said, I read 8thO's post and didn't actually understand it - but that's a different matter!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by carol_fodor View Post
      Oh no you haven't, 8thob, there are no house rules that I'm aware of, telling us to be prudish.
      I'm sure we can have 'a bit of fun' the day after the LNOP!
      ....thankyou carol fodor....in celebration i'm doing several of those little jerky movement the prommers do to Land of Hope and Glory (or is it Rule Brittannia)....
      Last edited by eighthobstruction; 11-09-13, 10:30.
      bong ching

Comment

Working...
      X