Min-Jin Kym's Stradivarius violin has been found and returned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Min-Jin Kym's Stradivarius violin has been found and returned...

This was on the BBC news just now. I'm sure it must be a huge relief to the young lady and I'm sure we all wish her well.
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

Yes indeed, the only unfortunate outcome is that her insurers now own the instrument, as they hsve already paid for her to buy a new one, This means that she has to find the money to buy back the Stradivarius and probably by the time she manages it the the thief will be free.

Comment

• rodney_h_d
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
      Yes indeed, the only unfortunate outcome is that her insurers now own the instrument, as they hsve already paid for her to buy a new one, This means that she has to find the money to buy back the Stradivarius and probably by the time she manages it the the thief will be free.
      The Strad was apparently on long term loan to her, which must have made her feel even worse when it was stolen, but what you say still applies to whoever did own it. It would be nice to think that the insurers might come to some sort of arrangement about the re-purchase. I've not heard that the two missing bows have been recovered - one of which was reported to have been valued at £60,000.

Comment

Working...
      X