Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    All I'd say is that the reciordings come from an earlier generation or two but the lines-up are pretty good. I've heard & liked the Ferras/Barbizet and the Tortelier/Heidsieck duo has produced some good stuff. Excellent price for 5 CDs . The Brilliant box contains some wonders too and they're newer recordings, but at this price I'll be ordering the EMI box to join the Brilliant box that I have already.

Comment

• visualnickmos
      • Nov 2010

I think I'll order the EMI set - even though it's from a slightly earlier age, as you point out, they are stereo recordings - not that that is a deal-breaker (case in point; LvB Vviolin sonatas on EMI with Ferras/Barbizet) So, given EMI's technical excellence at the time, and the line-ups, I reckon they'll be pretty damn good! Have you seen the price of them on Amz.com!!!!! Buy now, is all I would say...

Comment

• amateur51

I think I'll order the EMI set - even though it's from a slightly earlier age, as you point out, they are stereo recordings - not that that is a deal-breaker (case in point; LvB Vviolin sonatas on EMI with Ferras/Barbizet) So, given EMI's technical excellence at the time, and the line-ups, I reckon they'll be pretty damn good! Have you seen the price of them on Amz.com!!!!! Buy now, is all I would say...
        Sounds like a plan visualnickmos

I love Ferras/Barbizet in Beethoven and I'd heartily recommend this Brilliant box too:

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Another vote for Grumiaux/Crossley - not to be missed. I have never been the biggest fan of Ferras's tone.

Comment

• visualnickmos
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            .....I love Ferras/Barbizet in Beethoven and I'd heartily recommend this Brilliant box too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brahms-Schum...3790559&sr=1-5
            Thanks for the recco. but I recently acquired the Brahms, Schumann set; Love it

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
              Another vote for Grumiaux/Crossley - not to be missed. I have never been the biggest fan of Ferras's tone.
              I'm a complete fan of Grumiaux/Crossley too, Barbs

Comment

• amateur51

Thanks for the recco. but I recently acquired the Brahms, Schumann set; Love it
                There's a Chausson disc out there too visualnickmos but only available at daft prices at the mo so I'll not put the link up, lest you turn bilious

Comment

• visualnickmos
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  ...and I'd heartily recommend this Brilliant box too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brahms-Schum...3790559&sr=1-5
                  Thanks - I do in fact, have this set. Excellent....

Comment

Working...
                  X