Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

It seems that the Liverpool Phil have ceased its long association with its Preston series of concerts and if that is true it didn't have the courtesy to let the regular audience know. The Friends of the Orchestra were told it seems, but not all of the audience have Friends memebership.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 02-07-18, 18:28.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
      .....through 2021, that is:

Vasily P. clearly loves a challenge, as he's taking over the RPO in a few years (barring our idiot Preznit destroying modern civilization, of course):

Support London’s most versatile orchestra and receive a host of exclusive benefits, Join RPO Friends with great benefits including saving up to fifty per cent off tickets!

The RPO press release also indicates that he'll be giving up his Oslo Phil post in 2020. He does really seem to want to go all hands on deck with the RPO. Quite a catch for them.
      Looks like he's going a stage further than Sir Charles did all those years ago - It will be good to see what he can do there!

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Herwe is the 'Personal Message' (!!!) he sent me:

I wanted to write to you personally to let you know that from summer 2021, I am deeply honoured to become Conductor Laureate of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra when I step down from my current role as Chief Conductor.

I love Liverpool Philharmonic and all my colleagues, our wonderful audiences, donors, funders and supporters. It’s a great family which I’m proud to be part of. And I’m passionate about Liverpool, one of the greatest cities anywhere in the world.

By 2021, my family and I will have enjoyed 15 amazing years here and I’m proud to be one of the longest-serving conductors in the Orchestra’s distinguished 178-year history. We’ve achieved so much together, so a heartfelt thank you from me to you for the part you’ve played in our successes, for your commitment to us and for your passion for music...

...The time feels right for me to take on new opportunities and challenges and in September 2021, I’ll take up the position of Music Director of London’s Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. I’m delighted to be able to maintain my links with Liverpool Philharmonic and the City as Conductor Laureate.

Before then, I’m looking forward to continuing our collaboration over the next three years as one of the world’s great orchestras and the pride of Liverpool, and to welcoming you to our concerts.
        With best wishes,

Vasily Petrenko
        Chief Conductor

Comment

Working...
        X