Marte Krogh, violinist. Has anyone heard of her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Marte Krogh, violinist. Has anyone heard of her?

I chanced upon a cd of her playing Mozart sonata in e minor, Dvorak Sonatina in G, op. 100 & the Franck violin sonata today in a charity shop. It's a Decca disc from 1999 and is, IMHO, very fine playing. I looked her up on Google but found little other than she appears to have been bitten by the crossover bug and is involved in fashion.

A real shame since, on the evidence of what I can hear on this disc, she's a talent.
  • amateur51

i have not heard of her but a translation of her Norwegian wikipedia entry reads asfollows:

"Marte Krogh (born 23 June 1975 ) is a Norwegian violinist and businesswoman.

From the time she was 10 until she was 28 lived Krogh music. She took music education at the Barratt Due Institute of Music . In 2004 she opened her own clothing store in Oslo, [1] including the sale of own designed garments. Retail business was expanded to three branches. [2] In 2008, the store had to give way when the clothing giant H & M to take over the premises. [2] From 2009 worked Krogh again with music.

Krogh is sweetheart with January Haudemann-Andersen . "

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for that, am.

Comment

Working...
      X