X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

I was sent from GP straight to A&E on 11 Feb. with a killer headache (historical provenance..) came home after 4 hours in too much pain to wait (?!) having been told it would be at least 6 hours, 0100, before anyone could see me... February passed in a blur of pain and painkillers... easier now.

What really matters is tonight - fitting the washing up around either:

Schumann.
    or
    Lumet's The Pawnbroker.
    or
    Lord of the Rings 1...

(not seen either film before, but loved L of the R 3...)

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      I was sent from GP straight to A&E on 11 Feb. with a killer headache (historical provenance..) came home after 4 hours in too much pain to wait (?!) having been told it would be at least 6 hours, 0100, before anyone could see me... February passed in a blur of pain and painkillers... easier now.

What really matters is tonight - fitting the washing up around either:

Schumann.
      or
      Lumet's The Pawnbroker.
      or
      Lord of the Rings 1...

(not seen either film before, but loved L of the R 3...)
      Mix Schumann and Lord of the rings. A&E is 4 hour wait.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Did the Pristine version of the Mahler 5 ever turn up ?

I have finally got round to listening to Sony's remastering and it is a significant improvement on the previous issue and this wonderful,wonderful performance shines anew . It ought to be compulsory listening for any conductor about to try it

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

It just gets better every time I listen to it - the Walter is the Mahler 5 that never pales . Marvellous as the Adagietto is the finale is magnificent no bombast just a true Rondo .

Comment

• richardfinegold
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Did the Pristine version of the Mahler 5 ever turn up ?

I have finally got round to listening to Sony's remastering and it is a significant improvement on the previous issue and this wonderful,wonderful performance shines anew . It ought to be compulsory listening for any conductor about to try it
            I have that Walter Mahler box and I was stunned at how good the remastering of the 1947 5th sounds. I haven't heard the Pristine remastering but I can't imagine the Sony being improved upon. It almost sounds like a modern recording

Comment

Working...
            X