Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
    Been listening to the Pristine recording on and off since the early hours of yesterday and I'm really impressed.

Does anyone know where I can buy the CD?
    Pristine will sell you a CD, Beefy with or without cover and a jewel case

Next-to-last item on the left hand vertical row.

Superb award-winning historic classical, jazz and blues recordings restored and remastered to the highest standards. CDs, HD downloads and streaming services.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Pristine will sell you a CD, Beefy with or without cover and a jewel case

Next-to-last item on the left hand vertical row.

http://www.pristineclassical.com/Lar...al/PASC382.php
      Thanks very much Amsy, I will get on and order it

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Anyone ordering the CD - go for the "Ambient XR" option - it usually sounds better and it's Pristine's USP...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          Anyone ordering the CD - go for the "Ambient XR" option - it usually sounds better and it's Pristine's USP...
          Thanks for that jlw - I've always wondered what the difference is. Not cheap, is it?

Comment

• Beef Oven

Just ordered it on the Ambient XR option. Thanks Amsy and Jane.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              I look forward to reading your assessment in due course, please Beefy

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Thanks for that jlw - I've always wondered what the difference is. Not cheap, is it?
                Originally Posted by Beef Oven

the XR is always pricey, especially with options.
                Personally I always go for a great sound system and a BIG rear spoiler, and leather seats.

Oh no, I had a look at the brochure, and discovered a whole new way to spend lots of money on music.

Brilliant.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Originally Posted by Beef Oven

the XR is always pricey, especially with options.
                  Personally I always go for a great sound system and a BIG rear spoiler, and leather seats.

Oh no, I had a look at the brochure, and discovered a whole new way to spend lots of money on music.

Brilliant.

Comment

• Beef Oven

I look forward to reading your assessment in due course, please Beefy
                    If it ever bloody comes!! Still aint arrived! Have you and Jane given me a bum steer?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Their CDs are made to order. In 2009, when eyjaffjallajokull was fogging up the windscreens of Boeing constrictors, my Pristine CDs took about 10 days from ordering. And now there's a weather on.

Oh, you should have got the 24/48 Flac - pristine in every sense... downloads have no downsides.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Their CDs are made to order. In 2009, when eyjaffjallajokull was fogging up the windscreens of Boeing constrictors, my Pristine CDs took about 10 days from ordering. And now there's a weather on.

Oh, you should have got the 24/48 Flac - pristine in every sense... downloads have no downsides.
                        Yes I know their CDs are made to order, I bloody ordered one yonks ago!

Should've got the download? So you did give me a bum steer?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Thought you already had a download (cf. your msg 60) and wanted a CD for your own peculiar reasons...

Communication Breakdown! Ah, how I recall our first romantic encounter in that hot-metal balloon...

Comment

• Beef Oven

Thought you already had a download (cf. your msg 60) and wanted a CD for your own peculiar reasons...

Communication Breakdown! Ah, how I recall our first romantic encounter in that hot-metal balloon...
                            Jayne, have you been on the turps?

Yes, I remember that Zep encounter

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

After a lovely smoked cod in tomato&mascarpone with an excellent PinotGrigio I'm (almost) relaxed... a rare condition...

Extreme times this year and an urgent referral to Walton Neuro (as seen on TV!) for 8 April. (Since when did "urgent" mean 6 weeks?).

But I've been saved and released by Schumann. Listened to nothing else for a fortnight.

Comment

• Beef Oven

After a lovely smoked cod in tomato&mascarpone with an excellent PinotGrigio I'm (almost) relaxed... a rare condition...

Extreme times this year and an urgent referral to Walton Neuro (as seen on TV!) for 8 April. (Since when did "urgent" mean 6 weeks?).

But I've been saved and released by Schumann. Listened to nothing else for a fortnight.
                                Funny enough, I have nearly got through two bottles of Pinot Grigio with steamed black cod and caper sauce. Cancer is a two week pathway, all else is 18 weeks, so @ 6 weeks you are lucky! If you get a problem dial 111

Comment

Working...
                                X