X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedgehog

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Wot??!! No Schütz???!!!
    My sentiments too. In fact just now I have his 7 Worte on. Beautiful.

Comment

• amateur51

Wot??!! No Schütz???!!!

Bach, Schütz, Browne, Wagner, Haydn ... and, every so often, Penderecki for me.
      Ignoramus P Cornforth here, ferney - could you nominate maybe one example/performance for me to listen to please? If pressed, I'd say I don't care for this composer but I really couldn't say why, so in my ignorance I am persuadable
      Last edited by Guest; 24-02-13, 12:50. Reason: which composer?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Ignoramus P Cornforth here, ferney - could you nominate maybe one example/performance for me to listen to please? If pressed, I'd say I don't care for this composer but I really couldn't say why, so in my ignorance I am persuadable
        Well, the recordings that grabbed my attention from the start (and heven't let go since) were the ones in the set of Passion settings (together with the Seven Last Words and "Resurrection Story" with the Cappella Augustana directed by Matteo Messori on a BRILLIANT CLASSICS box.

This is now available in a 19-disc box, but Spotification is probably possible. Meanhile there's youTube:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Well, the recordings that grabbed my attention from the start (and heven't let go since) were the ones in the set of Passion settings (together with the Seven Last Words and "Resurrection Story" with the Cappella Augustana directed by Matteo Messori on a BRILLIANT CLASSICS box.

This is now available in a 19-disc box, but Spotification is probably possible. Meanhile there's youTube:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VPJVLp9nHA
          Many thanks, ferney

Only three minutes in and already I think you may be hearing from my bank manager

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            I think you may be hearing from my bank manager
            He can join the queue behind mine!

(Forgot to add Stravinsky's Threni. Anyone know what became of our erstwhile fellow forumista with that nom-du-web?)
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• JFLL
              • Jan 2011

Perhaps this is too secularist, but how about Housman’s ‘Loveliest of Trees’ as set by George Butterworth in his ‘Shropshire Lad’ song-cycle?

“Loveliest of trees, the cherry now
              Is hung with bloom along the bough,
              And stands about the woodland ride
              Wearing white for Eastertide.”

Part 1/2 of George Butterworth's "Six Songs from A Shropshire Lad" (settings of Housman's poems)Thomas Allen, baritoneGeoffrey Parsons, pianoParis, 2 March 1...

Comment

• Roehre

....Threni. Anyone know what became of our erstwhile fellow forumista with that nom-du-web?
                I was wondering this myself as I listened to Threni a week or so ago.
                Haven't a clue, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X