X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amo
    • Jul 2024

Britten @ 100 concerts at Kings Place

Forgive this shameless plug friends and colleagues.

I have curated a three day series at Kings Place to mark Britten @ 100 from the point of view of a pianist and collaborator. It has been a pleasure to curate this with my fellow pianist John Reid.

Very sadly for me, I injured my hand earlier this month and ordered to 5 weeks rest from playing. However, John has had time to learn my allotted music and so all goes ahead with music by Britten, Schubert, Faure, Finzi, Hoddinott, Grace Williams, Tippett, Peter Maxwell Davies, Martin Suckling and premieres of works by Simon Holt and Jonathan Dove. All performed by Oliver Coates, Claire Booth, Richard Watkins, Nicholas Mulroy, Nicky Spence, Andrew Radley, Christine Croshaw, John Reid and New Noise.
    Frances Spalding will also be discussing her book on John and Myfanwy Piper with Katie Derham and myself.
    Do please join us if you can. Many thanks.

Kings Place is a hub for music, art, dialogue and food in London’s Kings Cross. Come and experience two world-class concert halls, galleries, a bar/café, waterside restaurant and award winning conference and events facilities - all under one roof.
Working...
X