• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
    Well judged ff the responses here answer most eloquently the accusations made by the earlier poster. Good music is good music and we should treasure from whatever culture it springs from - that is why festivals such as Womad and Musicport and programmes such as World on 3 and World Routes are so precious
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
      Are you stalking me hinton?
      #27.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sydney Grew View Post
        I find the so-called "black music" an unacceptably degraded and debased form, and men of spirit should struggle against it wherever they encounter it. To accept it uncomplainingly is a kind of crime. It really originates only from one small area of the world, which, while it may have a largish population, is of little or no significance where Art and Culture are concerned.

[Ed: An official complaint has been received about this post. In view of subsequent posts and the arguments put forward, I will let it stand since I consider that the later posts fully refute the opinion that black music 'is of little or no significance where Art and Culture'. But further, given the poster's well-known previous comments on this subject, I do believe that the comments had an unacceptable racist intent. Such posts will in future be deleted.

ff]

for the sake of clarity i complained about this post and would still do so .... re-reading it this morning i find it an insidious and offensive statement and far from either civilised or cultured in its condemnations and urgings ... i repeat if this post were on a jazz thread i would remove it ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
          for the sake of clarity i complained about this post and would still do so .... re-reading it this morning i find it an insidious and offensive statement and far from either civilised or cultured in its condemnations and urgings ... i repeat if this post were on a jazz thread i would remove it ....
          Thanks for the clarification; what also evidently needed clarifying is that it is this post and not Ian Thumwood's that gave rise to the complaint.

Comment

Working...
          X