Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thropplenoggin

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    In another context, I'd be glad to; but I think Thropnog's OP was questioning (in the sense of "asking" rather than "casting doubt") the originality of the Pathetique's ending. As far as I know, unless there is a work by a composer who has fallen from the attention of posterity - say, a Russian who not only failed to get into "The Mighty Handful" but didn't even manage the Little Toe (and Suffy will know far better than I in this matter) - the credit for both the idea of the Slow Finale of a Symphony and its successful delivery is all Tchaikovsky's.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      In another context, I'd be glad to; but I think Thropnog's OP was questioning (in the sense of "asking" rather than "casting doubt") the originality of the Pathetique's ending. As far as I know, unless there is a work by a composer who has fallen from the attention of posterity - say, a Russian who not only failed to get into "The Mighty Handful" but didn't even manage the Little Toe (and Suffy will know far better than I in this matter) - the credit for both the idea of the Slow Finale of a Symphony and its successful delivery is all Tchaikovsky's.
      Fair comment - and I cannot personally think of an earlier example.

Comment

Working...
      X