X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
    How about re-naming this thread and allowing the OP author et al to spew bile and shit at each other while somebody starts a new Barbirolli thread that is not, de facto, insulting and highly offensive to the memory one of our greatest musicians?
    Here is one I started earlier - Blue Peter style

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
      As to your other points:

theatre censorship - the effects have by no means, I'd argue, been all to the good:

liberalisation of divorce laws - I'm sure it also helped a lot of people escape from a misery in which they had been embroiled for too long, but - l...- it wasn't an unequivocally 'good' thing.

abortion reform - ;but you'd have to recognise that it was another very contentious piece of legislation, whatever you (or I) may personally think.
      Rather late to respond to this, possibly, as the thread seems to be about to come apart (I was enjoying myself last night, so didn't see the post), but Mandy seems to be suggesting that there has been some good, as well as bad, in this legislation. So surely it was worth it?

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Serious question: can a thread be de-merged into two, with the interesting musical comments remaining here, and the political -throwing* crossing the bridge to Platform 3?
        A moderator's life is not a nappy one ... Last time I tried to separate substance from invective in a thread I was branded high-handed and proprietorial

So, true to my reputation, I'm going to rule this thread off topic right from the OP. For further discussion on Sir John, please continue on the alternative thread already provided.

Thread closed.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X