• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanley Stewart
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Britten War Requiem - BBC MM, Jan 2013 issue

Delighted to acquire a CD of the Britten, War Requiem with Jan 2013 issue of BBC MM. The recording was made at the Edinburgh Festival, (Usher Hall) on 3 Sept 2004: with BBC SSO, Ilan Volkov-Garry Walker conductors, and Olga Guryakova, Mark Padmore and Christian Gerhaher, soloists, and Edinburgh Festival Chorus & Nat Youth Choir of Scotland.

A further surprise awaited me when I returned home to find a package with Britten's A Life in Letters, Vol 6 (final vol_ at a bargain price of £31+, post free, (rrp £45) from Sainbury's Entertainment
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Congratulations on a double whammy Stanley. Please let us know what you think of the recotding when you've
    heard it.
    I received it a few days ago but am not sure when I shall be able to play it and don't know it very well at all.

best wishes, salymap

Comment

• Mary Chambers
      • Nov 2010

I've yet to see the BBC MM, but I've nearly finished the Letters Volume 6 - though I paid over ten pounds more than that very good price you found, Stanley! It has taken even me quite a while to read.

I do think it's sad that not many people write proper letters any more. I'm sure they are very different from emails, and of much more use to biographers.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Hmm, that's two recent/new cover discs from the BBCMM for me to look out for in charity shops, (the Messiaen and Britten discs, that is).

Comment

Working...
        X