X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Oct 2024

Handel's Belshazzar at L'Auditori, Barcelona

I've gone off on a bit of a flight of fancy having been bowled over by Iestyn Davies. Looking at his calendar, he is in this work with Les Arts Florrisants and Wlliam Christie with what looks like a very strong cast (Sarah Connolly, Allan Clayton, Christopher Purves). But I also see that this work is 'on tour' and so presumably will be semi-staged?

Or no staging at all?
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

A flight to Barcelona, perhaps, rather than a flight of fancy? The idea is very tempting

I see that he's also doing it in London (at the Barbican, so presumably just a concert) on the 13th Dec, but Barcelona, Madrid or Caen sounds more enticing (&probably cheaper to get to for me ).

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Just realised that I'm travelling to London on the 13th - There are still a few seats left at the BArbican, but as usual I'm horified at the price of concert & opera seats in London. Even the back row of the Balcony is £20

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Does that mean that you think the Barcelona might be staged?

A cheap flight using NatWestYourpoints from Bristol to Barcelona cuts down on the old expense as well. Bit of tapas. Bit of binge drinking (sorry, couldn't resist that bit)

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

No, the opposite more like. Although I suppose that it might be difficult to find a venue in London that could put on a staged performance for one night.

Oh yes, Barcelona has many attractions, sensible drinking during the Catalan equivelant of the passagietto included.

Looking at the website for the Barcelona venue I would say that it is definitely a concert https://www.auditori.org/ct/programa...2527&cicle_id=

Pity it's not at the Palau de la Musica Catalana http://www.palaumusica.org/ - a fabulous building inside & out.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post

Looking at the website for the Barcelona venue I would say that it is definitely a concert ....
            Ah, thanks. That's a shame as it means a much tougher 'sell' to the budget holder

Comment

• Flosshilde
              • Nov 2010

You could always pretend you didn't know.

Comment

Working...
              X