Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Jayne, did you ever get your Images/Rattle?
    my used copy turned up ok today, still available on amazon used for £2.
    hope the delivery situation is improving.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Years ago my mother reckoned she wasn't getting all her mail. We told her she was imagining it, and things were OK.
      Some while later a Post Office investigation resulted in a couple of officials visiting the house of a postman to check it. He shot and killed one of them. He had, indeed, been taking a lot of mail in the area, so it was possible that my mother was right, all along.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

The replacement for that Amazon Guaranteed Delivery, due Friday, has gone missing too! But Amazon themselves seem now to be taking it REALLY seriously... another call to the local depot tomorrow... but the mystery continues...

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          The replacement for that Amazon Guaranteed Delivery, due Friday, has gone missing too! But Amazon themselves seem now to be taking it REALLY seriously... another call to the local depot tomorrow... but the mystery continues...
          Do please let us know what happens - I can't stand the suspense any longer!

Seriously, though, Jayne, I hope this gets cleared up very quickly. It would drive me up the wall. Can you reveal how Amazon are dealing with this situation?
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Blimey what a saga Jayne hope it's soon resolved.
            I still crave the Miaskovsky box that went missing,but not at £50.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Saw that Miaskovsky box in HMV Oxford Street last Tuesday for less than £30. I think it was around £28 actually. Crazy when you think that hmv.com want £54 for the very same set.

Comment

• Jonathan
                • Mar 2007

I once ordered a CD of Lyapunov from MDT, it never arrived. However, a quick 5 minutes on the phone and they sent me a replacement.
                Sorry to hear about all those who have had problems with missing parcels.
                Best regards,
                Jonathan

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  Saw that Miaskovsky box in HMV Oxford Street last Tuesday for less than £30. I think it was around £28 actually. Crazy when you think that hmv.com want £54 for the very same set.
                  It was £29.99 on Amazon when I ordered it,around £50 seems to be the going rate now.
                  Very odd the HMV price difference.

Comment

• Karafan
                    • Nov 2010

Not sure where to post this but I've suffered an unusual number of lost packages in the Mail this year and wondered if anyone else has similar experiences. Since July, 4 out of 10 CD orders from Amazon have been lost, never to turn up. Amazon sent one out guaranteed this week (as a goodwill gesture) and that didn't get here either. They're responsive and helpful, issuing replacements quickly, but neither they nor Royal Mail seem to be able to solve the problem.

The fun of finding and ordering CDs has been distinctly undermined... I'm waiting for some marketplace 2ndhand CD deliveries now, so we'll see! But has anyone had similar experiences?
                    Funny, you mentioning that Jayne. I live in Yorkshire and have never had problems much to speak of. But since 2 October I had four separate CD sets vanish in the post (all from marketplace sellers on Amazon from different parts of the UK). Most were posted 1st class and three were sent on the same day. I got refunds but that's not the point, you're right it DOES undermine confidence in the mail system. I logged it as a complaint with Royal Mail Customer Services (who assigned it a reference number and then, I imagine, promptly popped it in the WPB!), so I even phoned my local sorting office and spoke to the manager there who said she would monitor my post for a period. The bills all regrettably reach me unscathed!

A few days later I read in the local court proceedings of a postman who had filled a shed with undelivered mail (he was lazy, ran the article) and even attempted to burn a large amount of it. He was apprehended back in May so he wasn't responsible for my items, but who knows how widespread this sort of activity is, if plain and simple robbery is not behind it?
                    Last edited by Karafan; 06-11-12, 21:56.
                    "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Karafan View Post
                      Funny, you mentioning that Jayne. I live in Yorkshire and have never had problems much to speak of. But since 2 October I had four separate CD sets vanish in the post (all from marketplace sellers on Amazon from different parts of the UK). Most were posted 1st class and three were sent on the same day. I got refunds but that's not the point, you're right it DOES undermine confidence in the mail system. I logged it as a complaint with Royal Mail Customer Services (who assigned it a reference number and then, I imagine, promptly popped it in the WPB!), so I even phoned my local sorting office and spoke to the manager there who said she would monitor my post for a period. The bills all regrettably reach me unscathed!

A few days later I read in the local court proceedings of a postman who had filled a shed with undelivered mail (he was lazy, ran the article) and even attempted to burn a large amount of it. He was apprehended back in May so he wasn't responsible for my items, but who knows how widespread this sort of activity is, if plain and simple robbery is not behind it?

We had a very similar case here a year or two ago but not, thankfully, in my area of town. I once (20 odd years ago) knew someone who worked in a sorting office and he came out with stories of some of the weird things that went on inside. I'm surprised any mail ever gets to its intended destination!
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                      X