X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • visualnickmos
    • Nov 2010

Zukerman and Beethoven's violin concerto

I was looking at various CDs of LvB's VC (I have a fair number in my CDotheque, already) and see that there seem to be two from Zukerman; one with Mehta and the LAPO, and another with Barenboim and the NYPO. Any of you good souls have any views on which of these is the one to go for, in terms of adding Zukerman to my collection of LvB's VC?

Many thanlks,
    Nick
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

The Barenboim is good . No idea about the Mehta but I tend to prefer Pinky's earlier recordings anyway .

Comment

• visualnickmos
      • Nov 2010

Thank you very much Barbilrollians - I just found a copy (DG Resonnance) with the Barenboim on Amz de, with the Sibelius! A veritable coup, I fancy!
      And for just over fiver incl delivery...

Comment

• verismissimo
        • Nov 2010

Campoli with Pritchard would be my choice, vis.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

Faust/Melnikov on Harmonia Mundi, which was the BAL winning selection. It's one of my most listened to purchases of the year.

Comment

• pastoralguy
            • Nov 2010

Well, I have over 70 recordings of this immortal masterpiece and my fav. by miles, is Perlman with Barenboim and the Berlin Phil. live.
            IMHO, for once the word incandescent is appropriate. Having said that, there are very few duff recordings of the work.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
              Well, I have over 70 recordings of this immortal masterpiece and my fav. by miles, is Perlman with Barenboim and the Berlin Phil. live.
              IMHO, for once the word incandescent is appropriate. Having said that, there are very few duff recordings of the work.
              I haven't listened to that recording for a good while only having owned it on cassette. I remember enjoying it .

I do not have as many recordings as pastoralguy but it is the work I have much the most recordings of -
              27 but there are again for me two that stand out - Perlman/Giulini and the 1947 Lucerne Menuhin/Furtwangler.

Comment

Working...
              X