X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51
    • Sep 2024

Meanwhile down in the veg aisle ....

Classic FM celebrates its twentieth birthday with a flash mob & Zadok the Priest

Subscribe: https://clssicfm.co/SubscribeToClassicFMFor our 20th birthday, we assembled a group of the finest musicians and singers, and surprised a supermark...

Watching the customers' faces is certainly a treat
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Did anyone hear the "debate" on Today this morning betwern, I think, the head of Classic FM and Norman Lebrecht? I was only half awake but from what I could make out, the CFM man was claiming that Radio 3 had immeasurably improved as a consequence of CFM's existence, is no longer stuffy or offputting to potential classical music devotees. Or was that someone from Radio 3 saying that?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Did anyone hear the "debate" on Today this morning betwern, I think, the head of Classic FM and Norman Lebrecht? I was only half awake but from what I could make out, the CFM man was claiming that Radio 3 had immeasurably improved as a consequence of CFM's existence, is no longer stuffy or offputting to potential classical music devotees. Or was that someone from Radio 3 saying that?
      James Naughtie has a very loose grip on matters I think and I nodded off again. But yes, CFM was a force for good was the Chair of CFM's pitch, and Norm kept pointing out that they only play 300 tunes again and again ... not too sure where that got us

Comment

• AmpH
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Classic FM celebrates its twentieth birthday with a flash mob & Zadok the Priest

Subscribe: https://clssicfm.co/SubscribeToClassicFMFor our 20th birthday, we assembled a group of the finest musicians and singers, and surprised a supermark...

Watching the customers' faces is certainly a treat
        the conductor could certainly teach Haitink a thing or two

Comment

• Simon

Great idea - well done Cfm... Can't go wrong with Zadok, and well done to some superb musicians for managing it so well. I wish it had been in my local supermarket...

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            James Naughtie has a very loose grip on matters I think and I nodded off again. But yes, CFM was a force for good was the Chair of CFM's pitch, and Norm kept pointing out that they only play 300 tunes again and again ... not too sure where that got us
            Sure he wasn't talking about R3 Breakfast? If R3 is less stuffy, the perhaps we should have a 'campaign for more stuffiness'!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Sure he wasn't talking about R3 Breakfast? If R3 is less stuffy, the perhaps we should have a 'campaign for more stuffiness'!
              More cloughieness would I'm certain be preferrable

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                Great idea - well done Cfm... Can't go wrong with Zadok, and well done to some superb musicians for managing it so well. I wish it had been in my local supermarket...
                A supermarket? In deepest darkest rural Derbyshire

Methinks the squire has been leading us astray as to his rural idyll

Comment

Working...
                X