X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notinajumalainukhaju
    • Sep 2024

Verdi bi-centenary

Any news on events related to the forthcoming bi-centenary of Verdi (2013)? Especially in Italy and around Busseto-land? A request, please can we avoid the W word? There'll be plenty of that elsewhere. Many thanks.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by notinajumalainukhaju View Post
    Any news on events related to the forthcoming bi-centenary of Verdi (2013)? Especially in Italy and around Busseto-land? A request, please can we avoid the W word? There'll be plenty of that elsewhere. Many thanks.
    The "W" word? If we're talking about those who share that bicentenary, I can only say that I've never seen Alkan spelt with a "W"...

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
      The "W" word? If we're talking about those who share that bicentenary, I can only say that I've never seen Alkan spelt with a "W"...
      Must be someone else then ...

On Verdi, I don't see a great deal at a first skim sul rete, not even on the Busseto tourist site.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Must be someone else then ...
        Hmmm - maybe someone who wasn't Jewish like Alkan...

Comment

Working...
        X