• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    Thanks Ferney. However, as it's NAxos I assume that it doesn't include the full text & translation. Which brings us rather full circle
    Darn! You're right; it doesn't! The Boulez (SONY) did in the incarnation I have, but might not in its latest release.

Ms Silja's diction is very good, and Craft's realization of Schoenberg's Music makes the meaning perfectly clear ...

... or you could just ask Stan or umsloppy to lend you their photocopy of the translation?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• umslopogaas
      • Nov 2010

Happy to oblige, you just need to send me a private message with your postal address.

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Darn! You're right; it doesn't! The Boulez (SONY) did in the incarnation I have, but might not in its latest release.

Ms Silja's diction is very good, and Craft's realization of Schoenberg's Music makes the meaning perfectly clear ...

... or you could just ask Stan or umsloppy to lend you their photocopy of the translation?
        The text in the Sinopoli version I have on Elatus has extremely tiny print and unfortunately, in my copy, the pages are in the wrong order! I also have the much more readable text in the Boulez that I picked up second-hand last year.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
          The text in the Sinopoli version I have on Elatus has extremely tiny print and unfortunately, in my copy, the pages are in the wrong order!
          Ooops!

I don't know the Sinopoli (his Second Viennese School boxed set is one of those recordings I've had on my "must get at some stage", but have never yet got round to): how do you rate it, Pet?

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
            I have two. One is in my LP set 'Music of AS volume 1': its a translation by Bliss Hebert and Constance Mellen from the german of Marie Pappenheim. The other is in a booklet accompanying the Philips CD, with Jesse Norman and might be by Lionel Salter, but that isnt completely clear. I'd be happy to send you photocopies, but its too long to type out here and anyway, I suspect there might be copyright issues. All I need is a postal address (no need to post your real name, since most of us prefer to hide behind our pseudonyms). Maybe a work address, if you'd prefer not to give your home one (in which case you probably do need to post your real name, unless its a very small business)? Over to you.
            Hello umslopogaas,

Thank you so much for the text and English translation of Erwartung. You are most kind and your assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you once again.

Comment

• umslopogaas
              • Nov 2010

Pleased to help. I've got a lot of stuff like this, if anyone wants something, post a request. In 7000 LPs there is a lot of incidental information!

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Ooops!

I don't know the Sinopoli (his Second Viennese School boxed set is one of those recordings I've had on my "must get at some stage", but have never yet got round to): how do you rate it, Pet?
                I'm no expert in this repertoire, FHG, but the Sinopoli set (at least in the Elatus reissues I've got) strikes me as being undiscovered treasure and, moreover, recorded in admirably clear sound. I still haven't bought the Gurrelieder as it seemed too expensive at the time and Kubelik is my benchmark here. If the whole box is going cheap I'll take the plunge.
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Cheapest I can find it at the moment (I'm sure I've seen it cheaper) is here:

The River people do the MP3 Download at around £15: not so sure about the sound quality here, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X