X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerry anne
    • Sep 2024

Classical music radio - your views

Thank you all for your help, now have the responses I need!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-04-12, 11:02.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Hello, kerry anne!

I'm going to put your post into a separate thread to get the widest response. Please feel free to bump it with the odd comment now and again . Good luck and best wishes.

(I've given my thoughts!)
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Hi Kerry Anne...I will be delighted to take part although the cynic in me would argue that between the hours of 7am and 12 noon, there is little to choose between the two stations!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kerry anne View Post
        Hi there,
        Wondering if you lovely R3 people can help me out?

As a media student at Manchester Metropolitan University and a keen classical music fan I’ve decided to base my dissertation project on the controversy of classical radio. I will be comparing Classic FM and BBC Radio 3 to see how the classical music community perceive the two stations and how commercial/licence funded programming is addressing the needs of us listeners.

I am hoping to get feedback from different age groups with different reasons for listening to mine. I have designed a small questionnaire, only ten questions, that will help me with this. If you could take two minutes to complete this I would be very greatful and hopefully on the way to a cracking dissertation!

(there are no questions about how much you earn, or whether you have a degree, I’m more interested in how you think radio addresses your needs as a listener and what it means to you as an individual, please be frank with your opinions!)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/56MWRX3
        Hi Kerry Ann

I've filled out your questionnaire.

Best of luck with your dissertation.

PS Listeners on radio 3 to World Music and Jazz may feel somewhat excluded from your questionnaire, but I suppose by focussing on classical music this was unavoidable.
        Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 04-04-12, 15:37. Reason: Aftermusings

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Just done your questionnaire, good luck with your studies!
          Hi there,

As a media student at Manchester Metropolitan University and a keen classical music fan I’ve decided to base my dissertation project on the controversy of classical radio. I will be comparing Classic FM and BBC Radio 3 to see how the classical music community perceive the two stations and how commercial/licence funded programming is addressing the needs of us listeners.

I am hoping to get feedback from different age groups with different reasons for listening to mine. I have designed a small questionnaire, only ten questions, that will help me with this. If you could take two minutes to complete this I would be very greatful and hopefully on the way to a cracking dissertation!

(there are no questions about how much you earn, or whether you have a degree, I’m more interested in how you think radio addresses your needs as a listener and what it means to you as an individual, please be frank with your opinions!)

Comment

• decantor
            • Dec 2010

Kerry Anne,

Survey completed. It was a bit tricky at times - as an ancient retiree, I admit my day and my listening are idiosyncratically structured - but I hope it helps. Good luck with the dissertation - perhaps you could publish it online for us all to see?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by decantor View Post
              Kerry Anne,

Survey completed. It was a bit tricky at times - as an ancient retiree, I admit my day and my listening are idiosyncratically structured - but I hope it helps. Good luck with the dissertation - perhaps you could publish it online for us all to see?
              Hmm. When I did my dissertation a few years ago, the college claimed the copyright - though they let me have the copy.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                • Jan 2011

Hi there,

I see your parallel post has been moderated off the Schubert blog on the BBC site

Comment

• pastoralguy
                  • Nov 2010

Done and done!

Good luck.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

I gave up doing your survey because I felt that there is no starting point of what you mean by "classical music"
                    In my experience (sorry folks for this one AGAIN ) there is a "script"
                    the answer to the question
                    "What do you think about Classical music" is
                    "it's boring"

thats what people will say
                    which has nothing to do with what it sounds like etc etc

Your survey is titles BBC Radio 3 Dilemma ........... what's the dilemma ?

Radio 3 is NOT a "classical music" radio station even though it plays lots of music that one might broadly term "classical" music (ie not necessarily music from the "classical" period)

good luck with it anyway even though i found the survey impossible

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Couldn't resist this intro Hey Kerry Anne, what's your game now can anybody play?

Completed your survey - bit grumpy about R3 and the direction it is going, as are many of us on these boards, but hope your dissertation goes well!

Comment

• kerry anne

Thank you all! I now have the responses I need, very much appreciated!
                        It will probably be quite a while till i get the dissertation back, but will post if possible!

Thanks again,

Kerry.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

I'm not a "lovely" person, but I've done the survey (or, as much of it as I could) anyway!

Best Wishes with your studies, and please let us have a resumé of your conclusions when you've finished the "cracking dissertation".
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• David-G
                            • Mar 2012

Just done your survey. Hope it was useful! Best wishes for the dissertation.

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
                              • Nov 2010

Thank you all! I now have the responses I need, very much appreciated!
                              It will probably be quite a while till i get the dissertation back, but will post if possible!

Thanks again,

Kerry.
                              May we ask if this is a Bachelor's, Masters or PhD dissertation?
                              O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

Working...
                              X