X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

It's getting quite complicated to suggest a reasonable range of responses. I can't construct anything with more than one question which has its own options: each question which has options needs a separate poll.

The subtleties of differing motivations can be confusing. I think the best thing is for people to say anything they want to say (and feel they haven't yet had an opportunity to say elsewhere on the forum, blog, Facebook, online media ) to add to this thread. The only real advantage to the poll is that you can remain anonymous and thus avoid being jeered at by other members!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

I suppose I would not be able to take part in this second poll, having switched off Radio 3 throughout the week in question.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        I suppose I would not be able to take part in this second poll, having switched off Radio 3 throughout the week in question.
        Likewise

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Again, even though being probably the wrong sort of R3 listener for these Boards i.e. mostly 06.30 until 12.00 - I very quickly switched off until blessed normality returned.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

I don't find that any of the questions really sums up my view:

1) some excellent content (which could mercifully be picked out, thanks to technology, and listened to without the need to hear too much of the "Radio 3 team" drivel - I've listened to the Leonskaja and Lewis concerts twice), and I don't mind the 'immersion' concept in principle;

2) but the presentation style truly awful, the ingratiating, patronising, gimmick-ridden dedications and 'salons' and 'labs'....

and
            the BLOODY TRAILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              I don't find that any of the questions really sums up my view:

1) some excellent content (which could mercifully be picked out, thanks to technology, and listened to without the need to hear too much of the "Radio 3 team" drivel - I've listened to the Leonskaja and Lewis concerts twice), and I don't mind the 'immersion' concept in principle;

2) but the presentation style truly awful, the ingratiating, patronising, gimmick-ridden dedications and 'salons' and 'labs'....

and
              the BLOODY TRAILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X