X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Valentina Lisitsa

Just came across her on You tube where she seems to have attracted a tremendous following, though I had not heard of her before: a critic describes her playing as 'a cross between Backhaus and Argerich', which would ensure the interest of most piano enthusiasts.
    There are plenty of videos of her, this in the Argerich manner:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QB7u...feature=fvwrel
  • remdataram
    • Mar 2011

I've just watched her 'Live at the Albert Hall' DVD - absolutely stunning playing from a really lovely lady.

It's not often that such an artist seems to appear from nowhere (if, like me, you don't watch You tube videos) and makes such an impression; I'm sure we will hear much more from Valentina now she is a Decca artist.

Gradus, I'm really sorry I missed your post in March - 6 months wasted.

Comment

• Pianorak
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by remdataram View Post
      . . . It's not often that such an artist seems to appear from nowhere. . .
      VL has been around for ages and I have been following her career at least since the mid-90s thanks to some Polish friends and access to Polish TV at the time. I'm sorry to say that since then my initial enthusiasm has waned somewhat, although I haven't heard her latest Decca or DVD releases.
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
      X