Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Calum - thanks for this link. I enjoyed playing the audio clips of the former presenters, such as Tom Crowe and Patricia Hughes. But I agree that nostalgia and harking back to the great old days of Radio Three will not serve our cause, when it can so easily be linked with this style of broadcasting and those Ealing Studios accents!

BW, kb

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

I wonder if anyone can help? I was searching for a thread I'm sure we had on First Symphonies..........I couldn't find it but did find this..........

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        I wonder if anyone can help? I was searching for a thread I'm sure we had on First Symphonies..........I couldn't find it but did find this..........
        Interesting to note that the OP, Domeyhead, back in Feb 2012 was making exactly the same complaints about infantilising listeners and excessive use of barely classical music as myself and others are making now. Plus ça change...
        It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
          Interesting to note that the OP, Domeyhead, back in Feb 2012 was making exactly the same complaints about infantilising listeners and excessive use of barely classical music as myself and others are making now. Plus ça change...
          Indeed

Comment

Working...
          X