• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    ... one of the staff had switched on some audio equipment to play some loud thump-thump music with a very impressive sub-woofer ...
    Verdi Requiem, eh?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      Watch this space.
      I will - you probably breached the staff's human rights .
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Verdi Requiem, eh?
        No, that's "Thump! … Thump! … Thump!"

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I will - you probably breached the staff's human rights .
          I had John Lewis policy on my side on this occasion.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
            A delight to hear him. If Martin Handley isn't rostered, he's a very acceptable alternative...... He doesn't sound like someone who's been told "Its only Sunday morning, here's a script with what to say, off you go.....". In my view Sunday morning is a prime opportunity for Radio 3, I'm afraid I mostly turn off the morning Service, worthy as they are. I go to enough, live.....

Dame Gillian came to Broadcasting House, but found Radio 2 being piped into reception (presumably some event/promotion?) Skellers said she had to be caught up as she fled along Regent Street and was only persuaded to come into BH when they managed to get R2 turned off "which was a bit of a technical challenge...." Its at the very end of the programme - 1:59:xx.

He also got a couple of inflections in (I listened after 8:10). "... we've also put a link on twitter, just so you know....." I'd better not say more, the Corporate compliance dept are probably already on to him, poor fellow, as someone who shows signs of independent thought.
            As the Breakfast thread seems to have moved to Jerusalem perhaps hereabouts can fill the temporary gap. IMVVHO Skellers is the ideal Breakfast host and has been in very fine form this weekend. Where he is scheduled in and has a chance, presumably with his producer, to put together very rounded, interesting programmes, he is at his best. He does not simply go through the motions as, I feel, VicTom does.
            Even when he is parachuted in at short notice when "yer mobile" pulls a sickie he is very much more than adequate ....

Comment

Working...
            X