X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    My last Fauré adventure was this marvel...

Remarkable SACD sound - seeming tailored to the music itself, but MDG don't offer much on Qobuz I'm afraid... I've tried quite a few similar couplings, but this would be my go-to now, not only because I'm an MDG-audiophile-fan.

Did you follow Ivor Bolton's The Secret Fauré on Sony? Lovely sound, very fresh readings.....
    https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/search?q...ure&i=boutique
    They beautifully combine all the Faure we know and love and introduce us to one or two we don’t but soon will.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      My last Fauré adventure was this marvel...

Remarkable SACD sound - seeming tailored to the music itself, but MDG don't offer much on Qobuz I'm afraid... I've tried quite a few similar couplings, but this would be my go-to now, not only because I'm an MDG-audiophile-fan.
      CD purchased! Thanks jayne! (First CD purchase since February 2019, I see...!)

I see their Fauré piano quartets recording on MDG is available on Qobuz but you have to fork out, as only sample tracks are available under the subscription.

Do try Shai Wosner & his friends though, via the link in my post yesterday, and let us know what you think

I haven’t followed the Bolton series... yet!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
      X