X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lordgeous
    • Dec 2012

Paper music or electronic devices

Nowadays some are using ipads - dangerous I'd have thought - and doing away with page turners Now there's an idea for another thread: page turners. Anecdotes abound I'm sure!
  • EnemyoftheStoat
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
    Nowadays some are using ipads - dangerous I'd have thought - and doing away with page turners Now there's an idea for another thread: page turners. Anecdotes abound I'm sure!
    Dear me, yes. I saw one come to grief at T'Wigmore a while back. I don't recall his name, but I do recall those of Herren Goerne and Hinterhäuser, whose reactions were not endearing.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
      Dear me, yes. I saw one come to grief at T'Wigmore a while back. I don't recall his name, but I do recall those of Herren Goerne and Hinterhäuser, whose reactions were not endearing.
      But that happens with paper scores, too. Very often, with newish music, the paperwork comprises a wad of single sheets, some, maybe, taped together and spread over multiple music stands. When they suffer an uncontained draft or a foot catches one of the stands . . .

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        But that happens with paper scores, too. Very often, with newish music, the paperwork comprises a wad of single sheets, some, maybe, taped together and spread over multiple music stands. When they suffer an uncontained draft or a foot catches one of the stands . . .
        A paper score was involved in this case. I wouldn't turn pages in that environment if you paid me (lots); page-turners get little or no thanks, and I suspect that the one involved was a music student working part time at the hall.

Comment

• Lordgeous
          • Dec 2012

I didn't mean to divert this thread - I've complained about members doing that before! Could someone move the last few posts into a new thread?

Comment

Working...
          X