X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovydavidii
    • Dec 2010

Radio Three Improvised Schedule

As the sad circumstances impel Radio Three to revise the schedule, so far IMO they’ve done good, exploiting its treasure trove archives by broadcasting lots of new and rarely-heard music gems–lots of excerpts and repetitions too, but overall a good effort.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by groovydavidii View Post
    As the sad circumstances impel Radio Three to revise the schedule, so far IMO they’ve done good, exploiting its treasure trove archives by broadcasting lots of new and rarely-heard music gems–lots of excerpts and repetitions too, but overall a good effort.
    Except, there have been far too many 'bleeding chunks', rather than complete pieces.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

And how can you plan listening ahead when there are so many unpublished / unposted 're-schedulings'?

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Just recently we have begum buying the Times on Saturday which has (supposedly) all the TV and Radio listings for the week. The crossword keeps me going for about a week too! However, as you can imagine, listings of any sort have been useless in the present circumstances...but I'm surprised that a Saturday newspaper didn't have time to modify its hard-and-fast broadcast schedules.

Comment

• alywin
          • Apr 2011

Those schedules are printed several days in advance, in my experience.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by alywin View Post
            Those schedules are printed several days in advance, in my experience.
            The combination of TV and radio sorting out their alterations, to say nothing of the state machine and the effects of its decisions, with the deadlines for printing means that scope for alterations at such very short notice are limited. If HM QE2 had died on a Monday things might have been different. The weekend local rag that I buy partly for the listings supplement did manage to put in a caveat/disclaimer and direct readers to look elsewhere for changes to schedules. Since R3 alone changed things around as it went along any revisions that were printed would have been less than helpful anyway.

Sorry that should have gone to #4...
            Last edited by oddoneout; 13-09-22, 09:15. Reason: wrong person!

Comment

Working...
            X