Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smittims
    • Aug 2022

To misquote Ken Livingstone, if complaining changed anything, they'd abolish it.

It was , I suppose, inevitable that when large organisations were obliged to set up published complaint-handling procedures they woudl go the whole hog and farm themout to complaint-handling agencies who may know nothing of the work , while they themselves never see the compaint.

What you get is a pre-composed letter in which they fall over themselves with gratitude for your amazing feedback, boast about their high standards, say sorry that you weren't pleased, but frankly my dear, they don't give a damn.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      To misquote Ken Livingstone, if complaining changed anything, they'd abolish it.

It was , I suppose, inevitable that when large organisations were obliged to set up published complaint-handling procedures they woudl go the whole hog and farm themout to complaint-handling agencies who may know nothing of the work , while they themselves never see the compaint.

What you get is a pre-composed letter in which they fall over themselves with gratitude for your amazing feedback, boast about their high standards, say sorry that you weren't pleased, but frankly my dear, they don't give a damn.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by smittims View Post
        It was , I suppose, inevitable that when large organisations were obliged to set up published complaint-handling procedures they woudl go the whole hog and farm them out to complaint-handling agencies who may know nothing of the work , while they themselves never see the compaint.

I can just fill out a few details here, from long experience. The pre-composed letter from the FO (Farmed Out) complaint-handling agency always begins:

"We understand you are not happy about …" There follows a résumé of what they have understood your complaint to be. You give up the will to live as they clearly have not understood what you are unhappy about. That is why they have been given the job of dealing with the complaint. You may, if you wish, try explaining to them what you are unhappy about in a further letter.

I have no comment to make, on topic, about the BBC's coverage of the Big Day as I know nothing about it, but I rather gathered Radio 3 raised its game a little.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• smittims
          • Aug 2022

Once, in a long-running pursuit of a complaint, I eventually found myself speaking to a human being instead of a robot, I said 'Yes, but you must have noticed that three different people have successively made the same error in failing to address the maint point; doesn't this show that there's something wrong with your organisation?'

She said 'well,, you haven't mentioned that in your original complaint letter, so you'd have to raise that point as a separate complaint' (which they could then give themselves another 60 days to address).

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            I can just fill out a few details here, from long experience. The pre-composed letter from the FO (Farmed Out) complaint-handling agency always begins:

"We understand you are not happy about …" There follows a résumé of what they have understood your complaint to be. You give up the will to live as they clearly have not understood what you are unhappy about. That is why they have been given the job of dealing with the complaint. You may, if you wish, try explaining to them what you are unhappy about in a further letter.

I have no comment to make, on topic, about the BBC's coverage of the Big Day as I know nothing about it, but I rather gathered Radio 3 raised its game a little.
            Considerable restraint exercised there ff not to add "not difficult when the bar is set so low"?

Comment

Working...
            X