X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go, Spotify permitting.
    Yes, thanks Richard, I’ll line that up too.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by RichardB View Post
      I would certainly agree with the last bit! but it's better than nothing. Nor would I say that I liked everything or even most things I heard, but I did have an impression of people doing imaginative and interesting work. One album that stuck in my mind was Vulture Prince by Arooj Aftab. I did find listening to the whole album a bit like eating a whole box of chocolates in one sitting, but she has a beautiful voice and the arrangements are very nicely done, mostly acoustic with a particular emphasis on harp and strings. I haven't heard anything quite like it before.
      I do try to get good recommendations from the young people at work, but its hard going getting recent good stuff out of them. I think they have the same issues that we all do of infinite choice and lack of trusted guides.
      I quite liked some of the Sufjan Stevens music I heard, but my recent deep ( and prolonged) dive into 1967-69 ( ish) psychedelic pop has trumped everything.It has been a huge help dealing with the insanity of the covid dominated world, and the threats we face .
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        I do try to get good recommendations from the young people at work, but its hard going getting recent good stuff out of them. I think they have the same issues that we all do of infinite choice and lack of trusted guides.
        I quite liked some of the Sufjan Stevens music I heard, but my recent deep ( and prolonged) dive into 1967-69 ( ish) psychedelic pop has trumped everything.It has been a huge help dealing with the insanity of the covid dominated world, and the threats we face .
        Pleased to see you hit on a great era at last ts!

Comment

Working...
        X