X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Christmas music by Inhuman Voices

No humans were involved directly in producing this rendition.

Synth V: https://dreamtonics.com/en/synthesizerv/
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    No humans were involved directly in producing this rendition.

Synth V: https://dreamtonics.com/en/synthesizerv/
    The boffins have improved on voice simulations since Tim Souster had a digital speech synthesiser reciting Keats' A Thing of Beauty on a 1977 recording I fondly keep in my vinyl collection. This could almost be Abba!

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      The boffins have improved on voice simulations since Tim Souster had a digital speech synthesiser reciting Keats' A Thing of Beauty on a 1977 recording I fondly keep in my vinyl collection. This could almost be Abba!
      Re Tim Souster, I have asked here previously, but does anyone here have a recording of the Radio 3 broadcast of his World Music? My CD-R has become unplayable (my fault for buying a pack of cheap CD-Rs).

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Re Tim Souster, I have asked here previously, but does anyone here have a recording of the Radio 3 broadcast of his World Music? My CD-R has become unplayable (my fault for buying a pack of cheap CD-Rs).
        Just an audio cassette I'm afraid Bryn, and not particularly well recorded as the signal where I was living was poor.

I would love to re-hear a piece he composed in the early 70s which included taped sounds of cash registers transmogrifying into machine gun fire, which I think could even predate Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was broadcast on Radio 3. The title may have been Arena?

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Just an audio cassette I'm afraid Bryn, and not particularly well recorded as the signal where I was living was poor.

I would love to re-hear a piece he composed in the early 70s which included taped sounds of cash registers transmogrifying into machine gun fire, which I think could even predate Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was broadcast on Radio 3. The title may have been Arena?
          Ah, I would be very grateful if you could make a straight digital copy of your cassette, send it to yourself via wetransfer.com and PM me the URL that wetransfer send you in their confirmation of upload email. I very much regret that when, on April 24, 1970, the Scratch Orchestra put on a concert at the newly deconsecrated St John's, Smith Square, in which Tim and the dedicatee of the concert, Roger Smalley participated, no one thoght to record it.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Ah, I would be very grateful if you could make a straight digital copy of your cassette, send it to yourself via wetransfer.com and PM me the URL that wetransfer send you in their confirmation of upload email. I very much regret that when, on April 24, 1970, the Scratch Orchestra put on a concert at the newly deconsecrated St John's, Smith Square, in which Tim and the dedicatee of the concert, Roger Smalley participated, no one thoght to record it.
            Sorry to have to say I don't have the means to do this, Bryn, or the know-how. Perhaps if I just mail you the two cassettes? If that's OK, PM me an address.

Comment

Working...
            X