X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katzelmacher
    • Jan 2021

Graeme Edge (Moody Blues) is Dead

Graeme Edge has died aged 80, his family have confirmed. The Moody Blues drummer is best known for hits including Nights In White Satin and Your Wildest Dreams

Never liked his rather awful ‘poetry’ on those MB albums, but he was a competent drummer and a key part of their sound.
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Sorry to here of Graeme’s death. The Moodies were very much a part of my music listening in the mid to late 60s and they were a key part of the early days of Prog - and the use of the Melletron - Graeme was the last surviving member of the original group and saw the transition through to prog from it’s original ‘ r and b ‘ roots. I never thought of his intros to albums as being more than that - inoffensive and not serious poetry! RIP Graeme.

Comment

• Padraig
      • Feb 2013

I only remember Go Now. It had a flashy piano part for the time which appealed to our piano player, and an easy bass line. We learned it off the radio and played it while it was still in the charts. Those were the days!

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

That would be Mike Pinder on piano who was a key player in the mellotron development!

Comment

Working...
        X