• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Braunschlag
    • Jul 2017

This is what HIPP sounds like to me….

A little light- hearted fun to start the day

Chi ha fatto questo doppiaggio è un fenomeno. Ahahaha Ho finalmente scoperto gli autori di questo progetto: The Academy of Ancient Music. Grazie per averci regalato questo momento....

All credit to the overdubber……
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Terrific, Portsmouth Sinfonia lives!

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gradus View Post
      Terrific, Portsmouth Sinfonia lives!
      If only!

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

The first few seconds are amusing - though 4 minutes is a bit too much to take.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post

Chi ha fatto questo doppiaggio è un fenomeno. Ahahaha Ho finalmente scoperto gli autori di questo progetto: The Academy of Ancient Music. Grazie per averci regalato questo momento....

Dumb-eared, lame-brained, trivialising trolling. If this is what "HIPP" (as some wilfully ignorant listeners still choose to generalise it ) sounds like to anyone, they need a new hifi or new ears......

Comment

• gradus
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post

Yes its cleverly synchronised and to this non-techie, seems like it must have taken quite a lot of effort. Shame the musicians aren't credited.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              Dumb-eared, lame-brained, trivialising trolling. If this is what "HIPP" (as some wilfully ignorant listeners still choose to generalise it ) sounds like to anyone, they need a new hifi or new ears......
              I think Braunschlag did say ‘A little light-hearted fun to start the day’ Jayne.

Comment

• Pianorak
                • Nov 2010

You must log in to continue! - No, I must do nothing of the kind.
                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                  You must log in to continue! - No, I must do nothing of the kind.
                  I signed up to the free service a couple of years ago and can't recall any intrusive communications from them (Vimeo, that is). There again, you won't be missing much. A pale imitation of the artistic satire aspect of the Portsmouth Sinfonia. If they were not really trying, it would not be what it was.

Comment

• hmvman
                    • Mar 2007

It's a while since I've seen that. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                      It's a while since I've seen that. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
                      I found the disconnect between the visual earnestness of the performers and the sound emanating from them initially amusing, but I couldn't listen to it for more than a matter of seconds.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gradus
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        I found the disconnect between the visual earnestness of the performers and the sound emanating from them initially amusing, but I couldn't listen to it for more than a matter of seconds.
                        Shame frenchie, you may well have missed the memorable playing of the brass and woodwind players.

Comment

• visualnickmos
                          • Nov 2010

Fabulous! But seriously, I compare HIPP or whatever, to brexit; what exactly is it trying to achieve, and what are the benefits? Or, more simply - what is the point?

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                            Fabulous! But seriously, I compare HIPP or whatever, to brexit; what exactly is it trying to achieve, and what are the benefits? Or, more simply - what is the point?
                            No great mystery, it's to get closer to what the composer had in mind as the outcome of what they composed, given the instrumental technology and playing techniques of the time in which they lived and functioned.

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                              I don't know how close or distant HIPP is to/from what the composer had in mind, and I don't care much. I like early music and I prefer the HIPP sound. I don't think I'm alone, so it's probably worth them carrying on with it.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                              X