Janine Jansen/Stradivarious on Sky Arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lordgeous
    • Dec 2012

Janine Jansen/Stradivarious on Sky Arts?

I thought I should start one! Anybody watch?
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Thanks for the mention, just downloading from here.....
    ...Stradivari. Film following the Dutch violinist as she embarks on a daunting quest: to record an album using 12 violins made by Antonio Stradivari.

Bumper harvest of New Releases recently (including a Bruggen Bonanza...), of which more soon.... (assuming any musiclovers are still here tomorrow...).. ...
    The Jansen/Strad album is on Qobuz....
    Listen to unlimited or download 12 Stradivari by Janine Jansen in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

OK! Time for another crack at that new Martinu....
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 30-09-21, 20:20.

Comment

• Lordgeous
      • Dec 2012

Just bumping my own thread. Programme repeated today on Sky Arts (free).

Comment

• LHC
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
        Just bumping my own thread. Programme repeated today on Sky Arts (free).
        I watched this a few days ago and thought it was fascinating as Jansen tried out the 12 different violins and explored the differences between them, and together with Tony Pappano, put together a programme to exploit and display the strengths of each instrument. The interactions between her and Pappano as they worked on the programme, and then recorded it over a few days was wonderful. The contributions of the historians and luthiers were also illuminating. One of the best documentaries I’ve seen this year.
        "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
        Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

Working...
        X