• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

New School Music Curriculum

This appeared in the ‘i’

I wonder how the list came about and what can or should the Beeb be doingbto help it along. Imagine having Bolero drummed into you at Primary school - hope as part of the ‘education’ it will be npmention that other Ravel is available!

Just listening to the Coleridge Tayor on Spotify - apparently had 1.5M hits so must be a bit popular - is it a CFM tune?
    Last edited by cloughie; 29-03-21, 10:51.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    [url]https://inews.co.uk/news/education/new-primary-school-music-curriculum-pieces-every-child-should-know-mozart-destinys-child-931561[/url

Just listening to the Coleridge Tayor on Spotify - apparently had 1.5M hits so must be a bit popular - is it a CFM tune?
    Never heard of it, nor knowingly heard it.

Re Bolero - I rather like hearing it about once every ten years. It's actually quite long so I wouldn't have thought it would fit well into a school period. As I recall only one thing happens, but perhaps it depends how you count!

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Never heard of it, nor knowingly heard it.

Re Bolero - I rather like hearing it about once every ten years. It's actually quite long so I wouldn't have thought it would fit well into a school period. As I recall only one thing happens, but perhaps it depends how you count!
      And I don't suppose the intended audience will have the images of that ice dance to entertain them while they listen, being far too young. Good preparation for the minimalist school of music though - repetitive and nothing much happening...

Comment

• mikealdren
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        https://inews.co.uk/news/education/n...s-child-931561Just listening to the Coleridge Tayor on Spotify - apparently had 1.5M hits so must be a bit popular - is it a CFM tune?
        Perhaps many of them are music teachers thinking 'what on earth is this, I really need to get to know it?'. I suppose it ticks the woke boxes although it would have been better if he had been a woman.

Comment

Working...
        X