Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

I had forgotten all about our own Undertones who certainly made John Peel feel good. I have to admit to preferring My Perfect Cousin as their star performance in preference to Teenage Kicks.

One of the great pop singles of the early 80s with the kind of lines `he's got a fur-lined sheepskin jacket, my ma said it cost a packet', `he thinks that I'...

Bass player Michael Bradley is no longer a new boy on the block, but he's still around on local BBC Radio. Here he is with a personal take, with undertones, on his native city.

My City: The Undertones bassist Michael Bradley gives a tour of DerrySubscribe HERE: http://bitly.com/UvkFpDMichael Bradley, bassist for Northern Irish punk ...

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

The great S.E.Rogie's 'Recipe for Truth and Lasting Happiness' -
      Provided to YouTube by Awal Digital LtdRecipe for Truth and Lasting Happiness · S.E. RogieThe New Sounds of S.E. Rogie℗ Workers Playtime Music Co.Released on...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
        I had forgotten all about our own Undertones who certainly made John Peel feel good. I have to admit to preferring My Perfect Cousin as their star performance in preference to Teenage Kicks.

One of the great pop singles of the early 80s with the kind of lines `he's got a fur-lined sheepskin jacket, my ma said it cost a packet', `he thinks that I'...

Bass player Michael Bradley is no longer a new boy on the block, but he's still around on local BBC Radio. Here he is with a personal take, with undertones, on his native city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmTalR-4g4
        ....yep top stuff
        bong ching

Comment

• Padraig
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          ....yep top stuff
          eighth. Glad to help.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

A fantastic feelgood song from Weezer, and a wonderful video to go with.

Happy Days indeed.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Manfred Mann: Do wah diddy diddy.

Comment

• Padraig
                • Feb 2013

It made me glad back then, and it still does. Move over Elvis.

Saturday Night Beech-Nut Show. February 22, 1958. Re-posted by request.

The audience agrees.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                  It made me glad back then, and it still does. Move over Elvis.

Saturday Night Beech-Nut Show. February 22, 1958. Re-posted by request.

The audience agrees.
                  Funnily enough I was on the point of posting that, or possibly Promised Land the other night. What a performer he was too. Really though you could post any one of a dozen.

He must have made a lot of people feel good !!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Funnily enough I was on the point of posting that, or possibly Promised Land the other night. What a performer he was too. Really though you could post any one of a dozen.

Or ‘No particular place to go’!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

I thought 'Promised land' too, sainty, but it would be Johnny Allan's take on it, much as I love Chuck. That cajun accordion does it for me every time.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        I thought 'Promised land' too, sainty, but it would be Johnny Allan's take on it, much as I love Chuck. That cajun accordion does it for me every time.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOxGCxoNTMw
                        Terrific version that JC.

I found this video of Chuck playing it in 1972 on the telly, but he misses the last verse . Whats that all about? Such a shame, as it is great as far as it goes.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Today, 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police came on the radio and I was up on that dance floor...I never realised how feelgood it was till it hit the chorussy bit.
                          The Official Music Video for Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. Taken from The Police - Ghost in the Machine.Stream more of The Police: https://thepolice....

I wish everything the other plods did was magic.

Comment

Working...
                          X