X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

What a telling list that is.

There are influential people who should be deeply embarrassed at some of those numbers.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      What a telling list that is.

There are influential people who should be deeply embarrassed at some of those numbers.
      Not one of Malipiero's wonderfully engaging symphonies broadcast the entire year. And none by any of the composers I drew attention to in my Neglected French Composers thread - so no change there since forever, but that was to be expected.

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
        • Nov 2010

There was only one chunk of Malipiero broadcast by R3 in 2019, there have only been 22 pieces/chunks of Malipiero's music in the last 11 years.

Comment

• ChrisBennell
          • Sep 2014

Very interesting results, which takes some absorbing. I was intrigued by the figures on Prokofiev Symphonies - 255 broadcasts. I bet the majority of those are numbers 1 and 5. Hardly a week goes by without another Classical Symphony rendering, and then this week we even had a Building a Library of the Classical symphony to hammer it home. Why on earth can we never have numbers 2 and 3 - for example! Those would awaken the dead on Essential Classics! There is a fine Youtube set of all of them under Valery Gergiev which I have enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
          X