X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suffolkcoastal
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    To be fair, which is a totally new experience to me, the figures are more mine than Andrew’s who magically provided the raw material. The problem with Rachmaninov, and to a lesser extent Shostakovich, was a change the spelling of their full names by the BBC playlist compilers in, Andrew has found, April ...... one presumes they will spell Beethoven correctly throughout 2020 .......
    Hi Anton

The playlists are certainly a nightmare, I use the listings in the general blurb above the playlists, in combination with the playlists & playback, as the playlists sometimes only include part of what was actually played in a programme/concert, duplicate pieces, mis-attribute them etc. I still can't believe after all these years how the R3 website continues to remain such an embarrassing mess.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
      Hi Anton

The playlists are certainly a nightmare, I use the listings in the general blurb above the playlists, in combination with the playlists & playback, as the playlists sometimes only include part of what was actually played in a programme/concert, duplicate pieces, mis-attribute them etc. I still can't believe after all these years how the R3 website continues to remain such an embarrassing mess.
      Agreed Suffie ...... you wouldn’t think it would be that hard ........

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
        I think I am right in saying that under the terms of its licence Classic FM can only play classical music and not jazz. Natalie Dessay is a classical artist and this is effectively a crossover track so I suspect they could play this , but probably not Michel LeGrand playing jazz piano ( at which he was phenomenally gifted... )
        My comment was offered in relation to the fact that Classic FM plays a lot of 'music from the movies'.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          My comment was offered in relation to the fact that Classic FM plays a lot of 'music from the movies'.
          Yes you’re right : movie music lies absolutely in the mid / crossover point between light and classical as it stretches from Vaughan Williams and Shostakovich to Michel LeGrand and Marvin Hamlisch

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
            • Nov 2010

Just a quick heads up, that I'll be uploading the survey results for 2019 tomorrow.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Just a quick heads up, that I'll be uploading the survey results for 2019 tomorrow.
              Excellent indeed

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Looking forward to this.
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                X