X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Braunschlag
    • Jul 2017

Leeds Piano Competition

Very interesting archive film on the 1972 competition, we’ll worth watching.

Reupload of this precious documentary feauturing young Murray Perahia, Eugen Indjic and Mitsuko Uchida.I claim I have no rights to this upload. I uploaded it...

There’s also another from 1966!
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Looking forward to this....

...I wonder if Medici TV will again be streaming its superb coverage free to all?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post
      Very interesting archive film on the 1972 competition, we’ll worth watching.

Reupload of this precious documentary feauturing young Murray Perahia, Eugen Indjic and Mitsuko Uchida.I claim I have no rights to this upload. I uploaded it...

There’s also another from 1966!
      Terrific stuff! Boulanger chatting, and Uchida (unrecognisable) playing Schönberg, Perahia ... and other (some of them sounding very fine) whose careers didn't quite turn out as they'd hoped. The comments "under" the video also make many valid points about the current Beeb's dereliction of its public service broadcasting duties.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        - but, blimey! Tempus is fugiting again!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          The comments "under" the video also make many valid points about the current Beeb's dereliction of its public service broadcasting duties.
          Fascinating watching the video. On the above point: I have a satellite dish to receive German TV (free to air). Classical music enthusiasts will find something worth watching almost every day. I check out via this very useful site. I have set the recorder for several upcoming programmes over the next few days. Jansons in Bruckner 9 and Berg Violin. A profile of Max Reger. Beethoven Missa Solemnis from Rheingau Festival. 2016 Marriage of Figaro from La Scala. Film about Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli. This is just a selection from one week's output.

Comment

Working...
          X