X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ostuni
    • Nov 2010

Maida Vale Studios canteen

I seem to remember that there was a rather good-value canteen at the BBC Maida Vale Studios - but that was around 30 years ago, and I was playing in a recording. Tomorrow, I'm just there as a punter (seeing the BBC Concert Orch's 2pm concert), and was wondering if the canteen still exists, and if it's open to audiences as well as to musicians & staff. Any info from regular attenders would be gratefully received!
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Not been for a few years, but it was there earlier on this century. It was open to staff and audience members. Please let us know later.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

It would be ironic if this, of all venues, were not made available to the public.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Ticket validation is usually around an hour or so before the event and they do not let you in until about 30 minutes before the start. I have not even tried to use the canteen in recent years but I think it's available to those attending.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
          • Nov 2010

The canteen has been available to punters as well as performers and I’d expect it to be open. However... there has recently been some tightening of security, after somebody who shouldn’t have been where they were attacked a Hammond organ with a fire extinguisher (a good use of the latter, I’d say). So I’m not sure that the old arrangements still apply.

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
            However... there has recently been some tightening of security, after somebody who shouldn’t have been where they were attacked a Hammond organ with a fire extinguisher
            That sentence has conjured some delicious mental images so thank you for that...

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
              The canteen has been available to punters as well as performers and I’d expect it to be open. However... there has recently been some tightening of security, after somebody who shouldn’t have been where they were attacked a Hammond organ with a fire extinguisher (a good use of the latter, I’d say). So I’m not sure that the old arrangements still apply.
              Isn’t that the sort of thing the late and great Keith Emerson used to do.....?

Comment

• Keraulophone
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                made available to the public
                ...with cod in batter made of ale on the menu.

Comment

Working...
                X