X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterthekeys
    • Aug 2014

Afternoon Concert today

Afternoon Concert this afternoon - Elizabeth Alker presenting. Little intermission (presumably as a relief from all that music) - EA having a chat with one of the five people chosen for the "Take Five" feature.

Question: "Do you like being part of Radio 3?"

Oh dear. Cue Radio 4 ...
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

"Renaud Capuçon conducts Mozart's Sinfonia concertante for winds" claims the online schedule blurb. Since when was it confirmed that K.297b was by Mozart? I thought the dominant view was that it was a lash-up which may have some music in it by Mozart but that whoever wrote it, it is unlikely to have originally had a prominent part for clarinet. "Attributed by some to Mozart" might have been a better option for Radio 3.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      "Renaud Capuçon conducts Mozart's Sinfonia concertante for winds" claims the online schedule blurb. Since when was it confirmed that K.297b was by Mozart? I thought the dominant view was that it was a lash-up which may have some music in it by Mozart but that whoever wrote it, it is unlikely to have originally had a prominent part for clarinet. "Attributed by some to Mozart" might have been a better option for Radio 3.
      Quite. I missed the Bingham (there's more as the week progresses). What did you think of David Matthews' new symphony?

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Quite. I missed the Bingham (there's more as the week progresses). What did you think of David Matthews' new symphony?
        I have not listened yet. Been listening to the Suzuki recording of Beethoven's Op. 123, plus the first Moving Hearts album (a newly acquired CD option) and Zappa Erie (Qobuz import). I guess I will listen but I do not, in general, get on that well with David Mathews' music. The 'Mozart' listing caught my attention. Does nobody check the work of those typing up these schedules? I will also listen to check whether the presentation drew attention to the questionable attribution of K. 297b.

Oh, dear! Ian Skelley only served to further muddy the waters regarding K. 297b's questionable provenance. Not even a hint of the doubts surrounding it.
        Last edited by Bryn; 20-06-22, 20:39.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

5th July 2023: What a lot of CD spinning on Afternoon on 3 today.

The French National Orchestra play Rachmaninov, plus music by Britten and Sibelius.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            5th July 2023: What a lot of CD spinning on Afternoon on 3 today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001n926
            5th July was live music for some royal occasion - no afternoon concert. Today(6th) was about standard - there are usually at least 10 items on what passes for AC these days. There were 14 on Tuesday. Apart from getting one reasonably substantial work played in full(the 3pm slot) and varying numbers of random others as well, it's now just a variation of the morning schedules, complete with chat and incomplete /stripped works.

Comment

Working...
            X