Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beresford
    • Apr 2012

This YouTube clip of Legrand, with singers Natalie Dessay and Patricia Petibon, always brings on a big smile -
    Natalie DESSAY - Patricia PETIBON "Chanson des jumelles" (from the movie Les Demoiselles de Rochefort)Album "Entre elle et lui" available on: http://bit.ly/E...

Comment

• burning dog
      • Dec 2010

Comment

• rauschwerk
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        I often get the impression that pretty much everyone was a student of Nadia Boulanger! She certainly had an impressive list of names in her classes.
        Aaron Copland quipped that every small American town had two things: a ten-cent store and a Nadia Boulanger pupil.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rauschwerk View Post
          Aaron Copland quipped that every small American town had two things: a ten-cent store and a Nadia Boulanger pupil.
          Love it!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            Love it!
            Seconded.

I wonder how she did it (other than living to 92).

Sad news about Michel Legrand who among other things I recall being on television quite a lot almost in a Previnesque reaching the masses way. Less distance there perhaps, given his genre was film but there are not similar memories of, say, Morricone. That album above - "American Piano Music" - I am familiar with the cover but hadn't realised it was Legrand with such small print for his name. Mostly, I recall, Windmills of Your Mind, Summer of '42 etc. He was one of a few at that time - and there are none now - with a genuinely haunting style.

Comment

Working...
            X