• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

takt1

Does anyone here have experience of this online service? They offer a 1-month free introduction, then it's $150 per annum. There is a 50% discount available for students (upon successful submission of proof of status).

The registration system for the free service seems little flaky. When you press the final button, nothing appears to happen. You do get a confirmation email a few minutes later, however.
    Last edited by Bryn; 24-01-19, 13:41. Reason: Update.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

I have now sampled the free video stream of a Hardenberger/Gewandhaus/Nelsons concert of Martinsson's Bridge Trumpet Concerto and Mahler's 5th. I had some problems with the wifi data rate this morning, but switching to a different computer, closer to the hub, I have had no problems this afternoon. The all-important audio is at the BBC HD Sound rate of 320kbps aac. The video is at 1280 x 720. I will see the trial through, then am very likely to subscribe.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
      • Nov 2010

Their "user interface" is a bit clunky but the sound quality (being fed through the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, which displays sound rates) is excellent - and some interesting material, unsurprisingly biased towards German sources (it's a German company, after all), but with some interesting archive-type recitals/concerts. The cost is relatively modest, although I am conscious of the fact that, with the audio resource of the "Performance on Demand" website plus all those big boxes to get through, I may be reaching saturation point. But, as ever with the keen-eared/eyed Bryn, deepest thanks for the pointer to the site.

Comment

Working...
      X