X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Opera Star David Daniels accused

I thought this article concerning David Daniels might be of general interest. It seems that he's on paid leave of absence. There has been nothing in the newspapers I get to see!

For the second time in just over two months, famed opera star David Daniels has been accused of drugging and then sexually assaulting a young singer.
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

and the Cleveland SO fired their Concert Master

Comment

• Tony Halstead
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      and the Cleveland SO fired their Concert Master
      The 'Cleveland SO' is an amateur orchestra.
      I think you mean the CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA, one of the 10 greatest orchestras in the world.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Tony View Post
        I think you mean the CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA, one of the 10 greatest orchestras in the world.
        Indeed. Plus a trombonist.

It seems sad that this kind of thing should be considered "of general interest", but the alternative, keeping it all under wraps has not been good either. Such things do happen, unfortunately, and people get hurt.

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          Indeed. Plus a trombonist.

It seems sad that this kind of thing should be considered "of general interest", but the alternative, keeping it all under wraps has not been good either. Such things do happen, unfortunately, and people get hurt.
          Sexual abuse has been hidden away for far too long. On one hand I'm glad that it is now being discussed yet on the other hand sad that it has to be.

Comment

• Demetrius
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tony View Post
            Uhhhh, there is a definite list?

On topic: difficult topic in general, since public accusations should not immediately result in convictions by the public. But in most of the more prominent cases since (and very much including) Weinstein, the corroborating evidence has been solid (as it seems to be in this case), and the likelihood of someone lying about being abused is low, and certainly much lower than people being abused. And abusers like to hide behind the "only accusations" thing. Still, probably better to look closely at things, as the Cleveland Orchestra seems to have done:

Comment

Working...
            X