A solution to the applause between movements issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Oh, so this is where the "jazz hands" reference on another thread comes from. I am not sure that what is being described is jazz hands as such or if it is the term is being used in a different way. It was interesting to see at the Prom I attended that there was a designated room for people to escape to if it all got too much. At the time, I was having especial issues with closed in spaces, among other things, and psychologically it was useful to know it was there. Since then, I've thrown myself onto umpteen trains etc. But I'm not so sure I am keen on what is in this article. I "get" where they are coming from and no doubt it has its place, Nevertheless, the cynic in me is a bit sceptical about what would no doubt be unconscious motivations. Decision makers of the controlling kind can use all kinds of ways to justify their outlook. These include silencing - and only letting people think they are being "heard".
    Last edited by Lat-Literal; 03-10-18, 23:19.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      A stock response there. Show some self-control, and due respect to those following an older tradition than your own.
      Older traditions, like the stocks, pillory, death penalty, corporal punishment, feudalism... Being older doesn't make it better.

Comment

Working...
      X